Pastor - Chalk Bluff Baptist Church
PASTOR VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Chalk Bluff Baptist Church is seeking a full-time Pastor who will provide spiritual,
educational, pastoral, outreach, and administrative leadership. Candidates should be
seminary educated, biblically qualified, and experienced. The pastor is responsible for
leading the church as a unified family of believers. The pastor will guide the congregation,
the organizations, and the ministerial staff to perform their tasks. As such, he works with
the ministerial staff and the deacons to:
• lead the Church in the pursuit of its mission
• care for the church members and other persons in the community.
The ideal candidate for the Pastor is one who:
• lives a lifestyle characterized by moral integrity
• interacts effectively with a multi-generational congregation
• demonstrates an understanding of church management.
This is a full-time salaried position in a growing area; salary will be based on experience
and qualifications. Applications will be received until the position is filled.
How to Apply
All interested and qualified persons for the Pastor position must submit a packet including
the following information:
1. Cover letter that communicates why you would be a good fit for Chalk Bluff Baptist
Church and how you would address the decline in church attendance post-Covid.
2. Current resume with relevant ministry, professional and educational experiences, and
contact information: home address, email, cell phone and home phone.
3. Completed application.
4. Copies of your ministerial licenses and degree(s).
5. Personal Testimony – describe how you became a believer of Jesus Christ.
6. Call to Ministry – articulate the reason you believe you are called to full time ministry.
7. Philosophy of Ministry – explain your beliefs and style of church ministry.
8. Two videos of your recent live sermons during a worship service. Acceptable formats
are DVD, website link, or flash drive.
9. Three to five professional references.
NOTE: Missing information may result in automatic disqualification. Final candidates
must consent to a reference check, a full background check including criminal history, a
pre-employment physical, and a credit check. The Pastor Search Committee will
acknowledge receipt of all submitted candidate packets.
Applications can be e-mailed to:
or mailed to:
Chalk Bluff Baptist Church
Attn: Pastor Search Committee
5993 Gholson Rd.
Waco, TX 76705.