Restorative Justice/Jail Ministry
The WRBA has been a part of Jail Ministry for many years, but there is a bigger need than just ministering within the jails. Many other people are affected by crime and the consequences. Restorative Justice/Jail Ministry was created to serve the offenders in jail, ex-offenders once they are released, family members of the offenders, and those affected by the crime. These people are often overlooked, usually because it’s unclear how best to support them. Restorative Justice/Jail Ministry will help the community pull together to address these issues.
How can you help?
1. Volunteer to minister on Sunday afternoon
You do not have to be Baptist to join on Sundays, just a believer in Christ.
- Click on the button below, complete and return to: WRBA, Attn: Larry Turner, P.O. Box 1848, Waco, TX 76703. We will then follow the jail’s procedures for you.
- Complete and return to: McLennan County Jail, 3201 E State Highway 6, Waco, TX 76705. This may increase the process time to 4-5 weeks.
- OR Deliver in person to the McLennan County Jail located on Hwy 6 near the Marlin turn off. Attention the forms to: Lt Anderson. Be sure and call (254) 757-2555 before you go. The office is open from 8:00am – 5:00pm. This process takes about 2-3 weeks.
We appreciate your understanding during this process. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com or the WRBA office at (254) 753-2408.
Once your application is submitted, the process for getting your volunteer badge is:
- The jail does a background check.
- WRBA does the reference check.
- You will receive a call from WRBA letting you know if you have been approved.
- You will receive a call from the jail telling you when and where to go to get your badge.
2. Donate funds for Bibles
There are strict guidelines as to what is allowed in the jail, so any book has to be approved before it can be used. The WRBA works with the local authorities and provides the jail with approved Bibles. However, the increasing number of requests for Bibles and Christian Literature has exceeded the monthly orders and allowance. Donations to help with Bible purchases go a long way in keeping the jail’s shelves stocked. You can donate by check (made out to WRBA with a note of “Jail Bibles”) at the WRBA office or mail it to P.O. Box 1848, Waco, TX 76703.