Music Minister - Lorena FBC
We are seeking a part-time Music Minister who will lead our congregation in all areas of worship, music, and audio/visual (A/V), through prayerful planning, vision, and creativity. Resumes may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ROLE: The Music Minister leads the congregation in all areas of worship, music and
audio/visual (A/V). Prayerful planning, vision, and creativity are used to prepare worship orders,
songs and arrangements, and rehearse the music teams in preparation for worship gatherings.
1. Maintain healthy devotional habits that are an example to others.
2. Work closely with the Worship Ministry Team to plan, coordinate, lead, and evaluate
the music and A/V ministries of FBC Lorena.
3. Disciple congregants in personal spiritual growth, worship, ministry, and outreach.
4. Build, minister to and maintain relationships with congregants through personal
involvement in their lives.
5. Collaborate with the Lead Pastor for weekly planning and preparation.
6. Oversee planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating the music ministry including
choirs, worship team and band, special music, and programs.
7. Prepare all technology and musical elements necessary for Worship Gatherings.
1. Study and make recommendations for organizational change, space usage, equipment,
furnishings and policy or procedure changes related to music & A/V ministry.
2. Recruit, organize, and maintain schedules for all music & A/V ministry groups.
3. Organize and maintain all music and A/V equipment, materials, and supplies.
4. Work in cooperation with church staff and leaders to facilitate coordination of
activities and larger ministry objectives.
5. Prepare and submit ministry budget requests and administer the approved budget
according to policy.
6. Serve as ex officio member of the Church Council.
7. Communicate information through appropriate media platforms concerning programs,
events and calendar dates. Direct and lead applicable additional events.
8. Relate well to the Staff, Church Council, Worship Ministry Team, Personnel
Committee, and the congregation.
1. The Lead Pastor is the direct supervisor.
2. Staff meetings will be held weekly. Attendance is required.
3. A “team” spirit and cooperative effort is necessary and will be cultivated.
4. Accountability is expected and required of all staff in the areas of spiritual
development, ministry development, personal conduct (including social media
interaction), working relationships, and work performance.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Lead Pastor is the direct supervisor. The Music Minister is also
accountable to the Worship Ministry Team and to the Personnel Committee.