Children’s Minister - Hewitt FBC
First Baptist Church of Hewitt is prayerfully seeking a part-time Children’s Minister. First Hewitt is a mid-sized church in the fast growing Waco area. The position will be responsible for developing and coordinating a comprehensive ministry designed to engage with children from birth to 6th grade. The ideal candidate will have a deep love for Christ and people. They will have a passion for children, an ability to relate to kids of all ages, strong organizational skills, and a high capacity to lead teams.
General Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Plan, develop, and implement all aspects of ministry to preschool and children at First Hewitt. This includes ministries on Sunday mornings, Sunday evenings, mid-week, and special events.
- Serve as the primary leader and visionary for our Children’s Ministry Team.
- Recruit, train, and develop leaders to serve in all our children’s ministry environments.
- Intentionally work with parents to inspire them as primary spiritual influencers of their children. Actively work to provide resources that empower families and encourage spiritual growth.
- Collaborate with staff in the ongoing development of family ministry strategies.
- Intentionally seek to cultivate a culture that brings all generations of our faith family together.