Bi-Vocational Pastor – First Baptist Nolanville -
Please send resumes as follows:
Mail: Larry Carothers, 103 East Ave H, Apt. A, Nolanville, Texas 76559
Timothy 3:1-7 here is a trustworthy saying: Whoever aspires to be an overseer desires a noble
task. 2 Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled,
respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not
quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own family well and see that his children
obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full [a] respect. 5 (If anyone does not know how
to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?) 6 He must not be a recent
convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. 7 He must also
have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil’s trap.
The Pastor is responsible for leading the church to function as a New Testament Church and
upholding the mission statement of the church. The Pastor shall be the leader of pastoral
ministries in the church. As such, he works with the deacons and church staff. The Pastor is
responsible to the Chairman of Deacons, the church council, and the members of First Baptist
Church of Nolanville.
- Required to make home/hospital visits when needed.
- Must be a member of the church. If the Pastor is married, his wife must also be a member and show her support to the church.
- Be a servant leader
- Plan and conduct the worship services
- Prepare and deliver sermons
- Lead in observance of ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- Have knowledge of FBCN constitution to conduct church business.
- Moderate business meetings, attend deacon meetings, moderate church council meetings, moderate budget meetings, and attend long range meetings.
- Offer spiritual and scriptural counseling.
- Help church members realize their spiritual gifts.
- Should defend the Bible as being without error.
- Support local missions, worldwide missions, and stay current with our Bell Baptist Association current events.
- Must lead Sunday service, Christmas Eve service, Easter service, & Wednesday evening service.
- Supervise and hire church staff.
- Pastor must be in good physical health.
- Pastor needs to be punctual, trustworthy, and willing to work.
- Pastor must have strong service skills and the ability to get along with others.
- Pastor must pass a criminal history background and have valid Id with authorization to work in the United States.
- Pastor must be conscientious and able to work independently (unsupervised).
- Pastor must have reliable transportation to work.
- Pastor must have completed seminary or currently working towards the completion of seminary.
- Pastor is not required to have previous experience.
- Pastor must be a gifted teacher who enables persons to learn and understand deep spiritual truths.
- Pastor must be an effective communicator of well-prepared sermons.
- Pastor must be a person with a leading vision and a well-developed vision for the future of the church.
- Pastor must be a nurturing leader who grows personally and helps others grow.
- Pastor must emphasize the importance of strong families.